20th August 2012
Australia based Carbon Revolution has created lightweight, one piece carbon fiber automobile wheels manufactured specifically for the Porsche 911. The entire wheel structure is molded as a single piece utilizing high end composite materials, built in sizes 19×8.5 (15.4lb) & 19×12 (17.9lb) designed to mount directly on Porsche 911’s.
The wheels are compatible with factory tire pressure monitoring systems, accept factory center caps and come complete with all required installation hardware.
Beyond the visual impact of the carbon fiber wheels, the company highlights some significant performance benefits. Carbon Revolution wheels are 40% -50% lighter than premium OEM equivalents and the company claims they can improve the performance of your car in many ways. Bolting on a set of lightweight CR-9 wheels is equivalent to:
- Adding horse power to the engine (increased acceleration)
- Increasing the size of the brakes (shorter stopping distances)
- Fitting stickier tires (improved grip)
- Upgrading your suspension (steering and handling improvements)
- Adding more sound insulation to the vehicle (Reduced road noise)
- Reduced vehicle mass (fuel savings)
Carbon Revolution wheels will be sold through select speciality Tire & Wheel retailers, performance tuners and high end boutique car dealerships worldwide. Carbon Revolution is currently assessing dealer inquiries.